The program is practical oriented and is presented in adult learning format with practical exercises, case study, design calculations, individual and group activities to give the knowledge transfer, confidence in the use of design and in-service codes related to storage tanks API 650 & API 653. The current trends and developments is covered to inspire the participants to innovate and add value to their employers in managing these critical costlier tank assets.
Key benefits to participants:
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
Choose the appropriate materials and specify testing requirements.
Perform, check design calculation and methods to design bottom plates annular and fully lap welded bottom plates, shell design, roof design, roof support columns & beams in cone roof tanks, design of floating roof tanks, buoyancy, flotation, seal systems, single deck, double deck, pontoons, sealing systems, water drains, emergency drains, water draining methods and arrangements, inspection & repairs of storage tanks are also covered in this detailed course.
types of floating roofs are covered in this course.
The key annexures for design specifications and annexures, materials selection, economic ways to cut plates to minimize wastages is also covered in this course.
testing and application, brittle fracture considerations in design.
Participants will be able to perform design calculations, know the current technologies for protection such as release prevention barriers, cathodic protection, liners etc. how to apply similar service criteria, bottom settlement evaluation & safety.
Participants also learn how to specify the storage tank requirements and applicability of annexures.
Couse also educates participants about types of storage tanks, how to design tanks for elevated temperature application, tanks as per annexure F, floating roof tanks and internal floating roof tanks.
How to use unknown materials, what tests are required to be done and modern inspection methods. Covers hydrostatic testing, dimensional requirements, how to handle settlements.
The training program designed by PetroEdge will include instructions, guidelines and orientation to manage in-service storage tanks as per API 653 standards and inspection best practices, settlement evaluation, testing methods, etc.;
• Understanding engineering issues of atmospheric storage tanks fixed roof and floating roof types and compliance to API 650 standard.
• Understanding construction of storage tanks, foundations, bottom plate layouts, arrangements, annular plates and requirements as per API 650 standard procedures and calculations.
• Shell and roof design calculations as per API 650 standard.
• Understand the possibility of defects creeping during construction, their detection using proper inspection and NDT methods.
• Understanding Inspection and monitoring processes, Interpretations, Reporting (Referring ASME BPV Code Sec IX) and other relevant standards used in the design and upkeep of storage tanks.
• Important annexures and their application in design and engineering of storage tanks.
Course outcomes & objectives: After undertaking the training course, the participants will understand storage tank terminologies, material selection & testing requirements, how to lay bottom plates, methods, saving materials during cutting, designing bottom plates, shell, roof & supports, other parts of the tank, overview of construction, testing and inspection as per API 650 standard and be able to design review, perform design calculations, use appropriate annexures and develop specifications for new tanks. Also contribute to have modern protection systems and ensure protection of personnel, assets and environment.
• Owner Responsibilities,
• Personal and general tank safety
• Environmental, Safety and pollution control
• General tank materials, design, Inspection Procedures.
• Coatings and cathodic protection systems.
• Welding procedures, NDE methods and application
• Foundations of storage tank design aspects as per API 650.
Who should attend this program:
Engineers/ managers, Quality Control and Technical Supervisory Personnel, Personnel responsible for implementing integrity management programs of vertical atmospheric storage tanks, Operation and Maintenance Engineers will benefit most from this course.
No Reviews found for this course.