- Understand the importance of fire risk assessments
- Understand the principles of controlling the risks from fire
- Understand how a fire risk assessment is undertaken
- Reasons for conducting fire risk assessments
- Main legislation relating to fire risk assessment
- Determining the responsible person
- Risk assessment approach to fire safety
- Competencies required of fire risk assessors
- Principles of the fire triangle and fire prevention
- Main causes of fire in different occupancies
- Recognising fire hazards in the workplace
- Identifying the location of people at risk
- Evaluating the adequacy of existing arrangements
- Recording the findings of a fire risk assessment
- Making recommendations based on the findings
- Reviewing and revising a fire risk assessment.
- Good understanding of health and safety principles.
- Good command of the English language.
No Reviews found for this course.